Functional Medicine In Mesa
Treating Cancer & Other Diseases
Functional Medicine is considered the future of medicine and seeks to recognize a person’s innate ability to heal. It seeks to treat the underlying cause of a disease and not simply its symptoms. It transitions us from the limits of merely managing illness to cultivating real health. We strive to identify and remove obstacles to healing and recovery to facilitate the inherent self-healing process.
We treat the whole person by taking into account these many elements including physical, mental, emotional, genetic, environmental and spiritual factors. We educate our patients and encourage self-responsibility for health. We recognize and respect the importance of the doctor-patient relationship. We partner with each patient to address their individual needs and specific concerns.
It is the Evolution of conventional medicine in that it better addresses the healthcare needs of people in our modern world. We are bombarded with numerous stressors in our everyday lives:
- Relationship stress with our significant other, family and friends
- Workplace stress with management bureaucracy and coworker misunderstandings
- Financial stress with struggling to meet daily expenses and get ahead of the never ending stream of bills
- Environmental stress from toxins and various lifestyle
- Toxic fumes from carbon monoxide, industrial by-products such as paints, solvents, cleaning compounds and yes, colognes and perfumes
- Electromagnetic Frequencies (EMF) in which we are in constant contact with computers, cell phones (and cell phone towers), large screen TV’s, tablets and microwaves
- Nutrition lacking with a diet of foods depleted of nutritional value while laden with artificial colors, flavors and preservatives
- Pesticides and herbicides that seep into the soil and into our food sources
- Physical drain with decreased activity and exercise and sedentary lifestyles
- Sleep insufficiency with insomnia and disrupted sleep cycles
We strive to utilize natural methods and medical treatments which minimize the risk of harmful side effects. We acknowledge and work with an individual’s natural ability to heal. We emphasize the prevention of disease by assessing risk factors, heredity and susceptibility to disease, and make appropriate interventions in partnership with the patient.
If you would like to know about functional medicine in Mesa, please give us a call at (480) 725-3887.